Friday, March 03, 2006

Lose Control

Yesterday at lunch in a fast food joint, i noticed this really senior man (must be around 70), dressed semi-shabbily, in sleepers, enjoying (relishing actually...) a really sweeeet desert, all by himself.

I could see his complete absorption in the treat and his oblivion to the rest of the world.....as if its just him and the Gulab Jamun that he was savouring...

I laughingly mentioned to my friends...that "I am sure he is a diabetic!" and they all agreed!

Pondering back, I wonder what makes us act like this?

What is this urge/desire to indulge in something that we know can harm us?

I guess there is nothing like the THRILL one experiences in losing control and doing FORBIDDEN things....right from the days of Adam & Eve...

2 Comments:

Blogger Arjun said...

Forbidden fruit always tastes good. The urge to do the un-allowable always beckons.

11:28 AM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger CoolMood said...

Hey Arjun! Thanks for checking out my blog. Hope life is treating you well.
:-)

12:19 PM, March 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home