Wednesday, May 03, 2006

An Ode to Selfishness

Homing
In the generous of hearts
Existing
In the topmost brains
Scavenging
On the lovers souls
Resting
On the impatient fingertips
Tapping
On the running feet

Everywhere and anywhere,
You reside supreme.
Making your presence known,
When the time arrives.

Making
A rift between friends
Creating
A gap between siblings
Causing
A split between couples

An ode to you for
Your dominant authority,
Your continuous omnipresence,
Your silent mechanism,

Your unconscious attitude.

5 Comments:

Blogger Arjun said...

Quite a powerful thing it is - selfishness!!!

9:59 AM, May 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I find your posts interesting. This Ode...is a very good one. Well! On the same day, even I wrote an ode...to my blog which's quite insignificant :-)))

Can I add your link to my Friend-Space?

5:08 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger CoolMood said...

Thanks, Wonderstorm for appreciating my poem! Sure you can add me to your Friend-space. Would like to go through your blog too!

3:46 PM, May 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again, Coolmood!My blog address is http://wine-dine-shine.blogspot.com.

Have a nice day.

12:41 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger desertdew said...

Very very nice! A unique Ode I must say as one will seldom think of selfishness worth admiration! But indeed it is a very powerful character that exists in one and all...so an Ode to selfishness is so apt!

Simply wonderful!

2:35 PM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home