Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Me and her…

Sitting in the café with a cup of steaming coffee
I wonder at the young couple sitting on the next table.
Holding hands, sipping from a single frosted glass
And giggling away to glory...

Looking at the seat opposite me, I smile
She smiles back at me and cheers her glass
I feel light inside, sitting there in the quaint surrounding
And thinking all life’s mysteries...

Reading the newspaper between us
We laugh and agonize over each event of yesterdays.
The phone rings, a long lost friend calls
And makes my day...

Chiming loudly, the clock strikes One
Its time to leave and go back to work
But somehow, I find it difficult to leave her.
And walk away...

Prolonging my stay, I order a sandwich
She readily agree to share it with me
As we munch it, we flip through the snaps in my cell.
And decide to call it a day...

Shaking hands, we hug each other
I pay the bill and pick up my bags
Slowly walking out, I look back at the table
And see loneliness written on her face…


Moving on, I reach the car
I adjust the rear mirror to catch a glimpse of her
Looking intently, I see her expressionless face
And wonder when I would see her again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home