The Wind and I
Last night
There was a raging storm.
The wind had a fight.
And took out her anger,
At us, the poor clouds.
It poohed and pawed us angrily,
And threw us far apart.
Leaving us to find our way or mourn for the loss.
Still drifting in the unknown skies,
I wonder at the wind’s behavior.
I thought her to be a friend,
Gentle, soft, and kind.
Changing her directions,
To assuage my big and small actions.
But Nothing is Eternal,
The Cloud Queen used to say.
Though I never thought,
Friendship can also be a stake.
As I look around for a familiar way,
I see new clouds, some fluffy and some gray.
Rubbing shoulders with them,
I try to feel at home.
The wind of the region arrives,
With a welcoming smile.
My heart contracts at the memories,
And I slowly retreat back.
Is there a way
To forget the raging storm?

2 Comments:
The vicissitudes of nature - drawing us close from afar - then reversing the cycle!!!
Every morning is a brand new day - new oppotunities - so why grieve over what might have been.
Focus on what is...
Storm? Where, Delhi? I didn't hear anything about it in the TV!!!
I guess it's all imagined :-)...
Would you mind getting yourself some chocolates, roses, or maybe some interesting books like Tintin, Asterix and Obelix, Archies comics ;-)?
You may just happen to recover from this damn storm thing!!!
A better suggestion, call up your best friends n plan an adventure trip!
Post a Comment
<< Home